Reasons To Eat Lots Of Chocolate
When I first heard that it’s actually good for you to eat chocolate, I laughed. I mean hilarious laughing. 🙂 My reaction was, are you kidding me? I mean seriously? The same chocolate I had avoided for over 20 years is now actually ok to eat? And, its okay to eat it often? On a regular basis. Every day?
Well at the time I was in for a shock. I absolutely believed that the only kind was candy, full of waxes and fillers and lots of processed sugar. As someone who had been heavy pretty much all of my life, I ran from chocolate, all kinds of candy bars, cakes and drizzled concoctions for fear I would gain 5 pounds overnight. I had no idea that there was a healthy superfood made of cacao that is actually some of the top belgian chocolates on the market. Once I tasted this delicious concoction, I was sold. I eat a minimum of 4-6 pieces of this deliciousness daily. Thankfully I was a quick adapter and have been eating healthy chocolate ever since. I learn quick!
Here Are 5 Reasons Why It’s Okay To Eat The Chocolate:
- Life is short. You never know when you will enjoy your last decadent dark chocolate. So eat it and enjoy!
- It’s good for your mood. According to Readers Digest, “Dark chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins, chemicals in the brain that create feelings of pleasure.”
- Heart Healthy “Flavonoids are a plant-based antioxidant found in chocolate,” says Rebecca Scritchfield, RD and author of Body Kindness. “The antioxidant properties of flavonoids are what stimulates health benefits from chocolate, such as helping with blood flow and decreasing cholesterol.”
- Helps with Weight Loss I have personally lost 36 pounds since January eating chocolate. It works! I recommend eating a piece 30 minutes before a meal with a glass of water to curb cravings.
- Cancer Fighting Food One of the benefits of dark chocolate is it’s role in cancer prevention. According to the Beat Cancer blog post,
“Studies show that dark chocolate can help lower risk of lung, prostate, and skin cancer. According to Dr. David Servan-Schreiber in his book Anticancer, dark chocolate containing more than 70 percent cacao is loaded with potent antioxidant flavonols, polyphenols and proanthocyanidins, all of which help to slow the growth of cancer cells. The higher the percentage of cacao, the higher the content of these beneficial components. “
Now that you know the truth, you can feel confident in eating dark healthy chocolate. The key is the flavonoid content.
Whatever chocolate you are eating, make sure yours is the highest flavonoid (flavanol) content possible. If your chocolate is not telling you how many flavonoids per piece, that is a concern. I eat Beyond healthy chocolate. One piece is 35 calories, 1 gram sugar and the power square is over 600 mg flavonoids per piece! All beyond squares are minimum equal in antioxidants (form of flavonoid) to over 1 pound of raw spinach! There is no other brand that even comes close in comparison.
So eat the good stuff! I highly recommend the Xo Love Bites, Power Squares and Xobiotic squares with Probiotic. Yum! Details at HealthyChocolateFlorida.com. Available here in Florida, the United States, Canada and Japan. Interested in the expansion of Well Beyond chocolates or a home business? Contact Lynette Henk of Three Sons Marketing LLC in Babcock Ranch, Florida directly at (941) 268-1354.
Readers Digest, Health Benefits Of Chocolate: What you need to know, Everyday Wellness by Kim Fredericks
Beat Cancer, Susan Silberstein PhD , 7 dark-chocolate-health-benefits